Skip to main content

Quizzing Tips and My Experience in Quiz - Part 2

Hello Friends,

Hope you are doing well. This is the continuation of my previous blog where I mentioned how I grew my interest in quiz and how I became a quiz master. And presently as you're seeing I'm very much glued in running my quiz blog. I host virtual quiz as I like to share questions and answers through this blog. Now let's start unfolding the story of how horrific/hilarious  it was to conduct my second quiz in  my native locality! It was a bizarre experience.

It was next winter and exactly after 1 year of my first quiz as a quiz master. One of our relative accompanied the club secretary of next to locality to me with the offer. I couldn't turn it down as they were doing this for the first time and I was also trying to keep me on the track of this quizzing world in terms of quiz master or a participant. So I agreed to host the quiz contest.

I framed many questions following the reference from my previous quiz. But this time I got completely disappointed. There were merely 8-9 teams turned out so I skipped the preliminary round. I started the main round with my setup questions but it seems those questions are quite difficult for them. After completion of first 3 rounds, I looked at the score and I felt it was asking me to change questions so from next round I started using my preliminary questions.

This time also it seemed those questions are very hard for them. It turned out that most of "quizzers" were participating the quiz for the first time!! Along with preliminary questions I was asking easier questions from my memory. So far not so bad, they were getting some points at least but the horrible situation come at the last part of the quiz. one team got 3rd place scoring 5/10 points hardly and first and second team were on tie scoring 15!! I started asking them questions one by one from my memory as I was not prepared for such situation.

Some simplified sample questions were -
Where would you find the characters Spike or Tyke?
Who got the first Nobel in physics?
Which Indian team first won Durand Cup?
etc.
Later I changed the simplicity again of the questions like
What is capital of the USA?
Who is the current president of India?
etc.

I was thinking later "It would be lot easier to tie break if I would have asked them what were their names?" - joking of-course 😃

All those questions were going in vain. Questions stock was getting exhausted, tension was gripping in my mind. How could I break the tie, one question was triggering in my mind "do I need to throw a coin for toss?". If it would be the case I think that could have been the first instance in Quizzing History to break the tie by a toss!! Though that didn't happen eventually.

Both the teams were tired so did I hearing the answer "PASS"! At last I got a "easy peasy lemon squeezy" question against which I got a answer though that was partially correct! I declared that team as first podium finisher. Yahoo!! uff!! (That was my expression once the quiz was over) As this tie breaking event was going for quite long time so one of the team was willing to walk-over 😂. But I encouraged them to continue as I felt it insulting because I was representing Quizzing fraternities and "how can I leave such unease position-fight Koni fight!" was preventing me to stop the quiz ungracefully. Literally in one moment 2 teams and I were in a deadlock situation.

That was the hilarious experience I have in quizzing circuit and I'm sure if anyone has similar kind of experience or not. Later on I conducted multiple quizzes and enjoyed them most. I provided questions and answers to my friends who used to host quizzes in various places.

My first and for most important suggestion for all the new joiners in quizzing circuit would be to ready daily news paper in very detail level. Reading books, watching classic movies and listening to the golden voices of various artists. Last but not the least and I think another most important part is to attend quiz event as much as possible. You can note down important points somewhere in diaries or notepad or mobile. Don't lose your hope if you don't win in any quiz competition. Enjoy the quiz and grab the information to enrich your knowledge. Success might come anytime who knows.

That's all for today hope you enjoyed it. You can provide your feedback, comments, suggestions anytime. I'll return with more such experiences or stories later sometime. Till then you can cherish my quiz episodes which I post in regular intervals. Feel free anytime if you need any quizzing helps from my end. Bye, take care and wish you best of luck and your wonderful journey in quizzing universe!

Happy Quizzing!!

Note: Now you can translate this page by selecting your preferred language from above drop down.


New Quiz will be posted soon so stay tuned!

Thank you - VQM.

Your feedback and suggestions will be appreciated. vqmblog@gmail.com is my email id.
Connect me at Facebook and FB Group.
Twitter handle (@QmVirtual ). You can also follow this blog there.
Please like VQM FB Page if you really feel his blog is interesting for you.

Comments

Popular Post

India Quiz Part 3 (Answers)

Hello Friends, Hope you are doing great!! After quite a long time I'm posting a new Quiz episode. Finally Cricket World Cup is over and at the same time the Marathon World Cup Quiz ! Earlier I presented the  first  and second episodes of  India Quiz . Here is the link of  India Quiz Part-1  and  India Quiz Part-2 .This is the  THIRD part of India Quiz . "Caption" has been introduced in form of Hint for each Question . Try how many answers you can crack. Enjoy the quiz and don't forget to provide your  feedback . And please use your name while you answer the questions. You can also  SUBSCRIBE my blog  by your email to get  notifications  of latest quiz questions and answers. Follow  my Quiz Blog by clicking the  Follow  button at the bottom of this page. You may like to give your answers for this quiz in below blog  comment  box which will be hidden until I publish the answers  OR  you may send your answers directly to my email ( vqmblog@gmail.com ) . Happy Q

Marathon Cricket World Cup Quiz Season 2019 (Answers)

Hello Friends, To make this Cricket World Cup 2019 more special, I setup a M arathon Cricket World Cup Quiz Season 2019 . Specialty of this Quiz blog post is that it will have a new question on  Cricket World Cup   everyday and would continue till the end of the World Cup 2019 which is on date 14th July 2019 . So keep visiting this post for new Questions everyday. #virtualqm Enjoy and let me know your feedback. And please provide your name while you answer the questions. You can also SUBSCRIBE   by your email to get notifications of latest quiz questions and answers. Follow  my Quiz Blog by clicking the  Follow  button at the bottom of this page. You may like to give your answers for this quiz in below blog  comment  box which will be hidden until I publish the answers  OR  you may send your answers directly to my email ( vqmblog@gmail.com ) . Happy Quizzing!! You could access all my previous quizzes in  Older Blog section at the bottom of this page . Note: Now y