Skip to main content

Quizzing Tips and My Experience in Quiz

Hello Friends,

Just started this blog to share my experiences in the field of Quiz. I have been in touch with Quiz for more than thirty five years and I know there are people who are more experienced than me in terms of age and knowledge. Though I thought that it would be nice if I can share my little knowledge and experience for those who started their quizzing career in short span of time or you can say for the beginners.

To begin with let me give you some background how I had started growing my passion toward quiz. When I was 10, I saw a local quiz contest for primary students. I noticed very few students participated in it but audience were quite huge! I was not sure what it was going to be but what inspired my mind was knowing some unknown and interesting facts that other wouldn't know at that time! Moreover answers of those questions amazed me more and attracted me toward quizzing during that time.

Some of the questions example like, Which bird lays largest egg? or In Mahabharata, who was the only sister of Kaurava or Who received the first Nobel award from India? etc. From the very next day I started noting down all the interesting facts and questions/answers which I knew (as a kid) not all people in general know. Some of the sample notes from fact notebook are - Who invented Television? or What does FIR stand for? or Who wrote The Iliad & The Odyssey? etc. Unfortunately I lost that notebook 😟

Actually the source of those information were from my parents. They helped me to grow more interest on various information on sports, movie, literature etc. They also suggested me to read story books and news papers. Later I also used to watch Quiz Shows. Gradually I started participating in school quiz and local club quizzes which helped me lot to enhance my knowledge. Unbelievably I got a regular quiz partner from my class and who is still my partner and my wife :)

We had participated many quizzes together and got many prizes but  the winning percentage was always less than 50. Nevertheless, what was more important to me was knowing new things and enjoying the quizzing suspense wholeheartedly than finishing the podium. I saw quizzing fraternities who were unbeatable and they inspired me most. They were like "jack of all trades" know-everything kind.

I had stopped continuing this Quiz fanaticism for quite some time as I was targeting my career to provide a good shape. Luckily I found a descent job and so do my wife and after few years I again plunged in this Quizzing world but my wife lost her interest. This time I started the new innings as a quizzer and a quiz master!

Now let me tell you the story of how I became the quiz master! It was a day in winter, one of my friend's elder brother who was president of our local club, called and asked me to conduct an open to all quiz in the club. I was not ready but I was excited as this was first time I got the offer so I accepted it quickly. I really was grateful to my wife as she had helped me to frame nice questions and to get the appreciation for conducting such a grand success quiz.

My first question which I asked to that quiz was (I re-framed it from internet as I cannot remember how exactly it was framed) -
"Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru was the first dignitary to visit the site in October 1957. President Dr. Rajendra Prasad followed him a year later. Indira Gandhi visited in 1969. Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Prime Minister of India, first visited during his term as Foreign Minister. He later visited it during his official visit to Japan on December 9, 2001. In 2000, the then Indian Minister of External Affairs, Jaswant Singh, visited the it in November. Which site I'm talking about?". The answer was Renko-ji temple in Japan where  it is assumed that the ashes of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose were kept.  May be, this could be a sitter for someone but that time all the quizzers enjoyed the event with such interesting questions and answers.

I surely know most of the quizzers know the answers of it if already googled it or not. So that's how I started my Quiz Master career. But my second offer and conducting the quiz experience were horrible. That story I would share in next part of this blog.


Happy Quizzing!!

Note: Now you can translate this page by selecting your preferred language from above drop down.


Thank you - VQM.

Your feedback and suggestions will be appreciated. vqmblog@gmail.com is my email id.
Connect me at Facebook and FB Group.
Twitter handle (@QmVirtual ). You can also follow this blog there.
Please like VQM FB Page if you really feel his blog is interesting for you.

Comments

Popular Post

India Quiz Part 3 (Answers)

Hello Friends, Hope you are doing great!! After quite a long time I'm posting a new Quiz episode. Finally Cricket World Cup is over and at the same time the Marathon World Cup Quiz ! Earlier I presented the  first  and second episodes of  India Quiz . Here is the link of  India Quiz Part-1  and  India Quiz Part-2 .This is the  THIRD part of India Quiz . "Caption" has been introduced in form of Hint for each Question . Try how many answers you can crack. Enjoy the quiz and don't forget to provide your  feedback . And please use your name while you answer the questions. You can also  SUBSCRIBE my blog  by your email to get  notifications  of latest quiz questions and answers. Follow  my Quiz Blog by clicking the  Follow  button at the bottom of this page. You may like to give your answers for this quiz in below blog  comment  box which will be hidden until I publish the answers  OR  you may send your answers directly to my email ( vqmblog@gmail.com ) . Happy Q

Marathon Cricket World Cup Quiz Season 2019 (Answers)

Hello Friends, To make this Cricket World Cup 2019 more special, I setup a M arathon Cricket World Cup Quiz Season 2019 . Specialty of this Quiz blog post is that it will have a new question on  Cricket World Cup   everyday and would continue till the end of the World Cup 2019 which is on date 14th July 2019 . So keep visiting this post for new Questions everyday. #virtualqm Enjoy and let me know your feedback. And please provide your name while you answer the questions. You can also SUBSCRIBE   by your email to get notifications of latest quiz questions and answers. Follow  my Quiz Blog by clicking the  Follow  button at the bottom of this page. You may like to give your answers for this quiz in below blog  comment  box which will be hidden until I publish the answers  OR  you may send your answers directly to my email ( vqmblog@gmail.com ) . Happy Quizzing!! You could access all my previous quizzes in  Older Blog section at the bottom of this page . Note: Now y